Hamilton is ideally situated to explore the Waikato region’s many attractions, including Hobbiton; the Zealong Tea Estate in Gordonton (New Zealand’s only tea plantation); the glowworm-lit caverns of the Waitomo Caves; the craft, antique and boutique fashion shops of Cambridge; the Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park; and the charming, quirky seaside village of Raglan.
The city itself has a range of highlights for you to enjoy:
- Claudelands Event Centre15 minutes walk http://www.claudelands.co.nz/events
- FMG Stadium Waikato 5 minutes walk from Arena Court
- Seddon Park 5 minutes walk from Arena Court
- Mystery Creek which holds infamous events such as the Field Days and Equidays events is another popular attraction in Hamilton. With many other events held here year round it attracts many people to Hamilton. Arena Court Motel is less than 20 minutes from Mystery Creek.
- Hamilton Gardens. Winner of the world’s best garden in 2014, explore the world through the beautiful collection of gardens.
- The Waikato River Explorer is another exciting feature of Hamilton, being an awesome way to see the Waikato and it is not hard to see why. The river cruise has a range of trips you can take that display the wonders of the Waikato by water.
- Cycle ways and walking tracks along the Waikato River
- Water World - indoor and outdoor pools and hydro slides
- Leap – great fun on the Trampolines
- Hamilton Lake, great for picnics and has a playground
- Classic Car Museum- A five-minute drive from Arena Court Motel. As well as all the classic cars the museum also includes an extensive collection of petrol memorabilia - enamel signs, pumps, tins and oil bottles etc. The Classic Car Museum also has a 1950s style jukebox diner to give you an authentic flashback dining experience.
- Hamilton Museum
- Hamilton Zoo, a great place to visit,discover and interact with a range of exciting animals. The zoo is situated in northwest Hamilton and is only a short ten minute drive from Arena Court Motel
- Sky City Casino